Government of Maharashtra Industry, Energy and Labour Division, vide a circular dated 28th January 2020 has given a minimum 2 hours off to the workers / officers / employees who are eligible voters to exercise their voting rights in the Bye-election to the Maharashtra Legislative Council to be held on 6th February 2020. The relaxation of minimum 2 hours off to cast their valuable vote is available for the following establishments-
- All the establishments, factories, shops, etc. coming under the Industry, Energy and Labor Department.
- All shops and other establishments.
- Residential hotels, eating houses, other houses.
- Businesses, industrial activities or other establishments as well as Information and technology companies.
- Shopping centers, malls, retailers, etc.
Thus, all the above-mentioned categories of establishments shall give a minimum two hours off to all workers / officers / employees who are eligible voters in the electoral polling area to exercise their voting rights. Such electoral polling area includes Nanded-Waghola, Jalgaon, Parbhani, Ahmednagar, Kurundwad, Daundaicha-Varvade, Himayat Nagar, Biloli, Dharambad, and Naygaon. The owners or managements of the all these establishments should ensure compliance with the circular properly. If there is a complaint about voters not getting the holiday or concession for voting, concerned Department shall take appropriate action against the owner or management of such establishment.