The Labour Department of Rajasthan vide a notification dated 26th November 2019 has published the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishments (Amendment) Rules 2019. By this amendment, Government of Rajasthan has eliminated the provisions relating to renewal of the shops and establishments certificate and revised registration fee up to a maximum of Rs.1,50,000 from the existing maximum of Rs. 56,250. These new provisions are effective from 28th November 2019. So, the changes brought about by this Amendment notification are as follows-
- The registration fee for shops and establishments in Rule 3 of the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules 1959 is changed as follows-
|Maximum Number of employees employed in any day||Amount of fee in Rupees|
|101 and above||1,50,000|
- The certificate of registration of the establishment registered before the commencement the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishment (Amendment) Rules, 2019 shall remain valid till the expiry date of the certificate. After that, the validity of the certificate may be extended forever, after depositing one-time fees as mentioned above in the chart. For example, a registered shop is running its business with 20 employees. its certificate of registration is valid till 31st December 2020. Now, the shop shall need to apply for its renewal only once with fee of Rs.20,000. After that the shop’s certificate shall be available for life.
- Rule 4(2) is deleted; which previously provided that every certificate granted or renewed under this chapter shall remain in force up to 31st day of December of the year.
- Rule 6, i.e. renewal of certificate is deleted.
- In the Rajasthan Shops and Commercial Establishment Rules, 1959, wherever the provisions of renewal are there, like renewal fees, renewal portion in Form 3 and Form 5 are deleted.
- Some changes are made in Rule 8, which will now read as- if the holder of the certificate dies or becomes insolvent, the person carrying on the business of such certificate holder shall not be liable to any penalty for using the certificate during a period of 90 days to enable him to make an application for the amendment of the certificate under Rule 5.